So today was a total wash.
1. The BF headed back to work. In Alaska. For the next 28 days. Yuckky.
2. The weather was so bad in MN it took me 7.5 hours to go to and from the airport dropping him off. Normally it would take me 2.5 hours.
3. I got nothing accomplished at work today. Absolutely nothing. I didn’t even get my work computer turned on.
4. I had my first job interview in 5 weeks. I am not that excited about it. It is a contract job doing work that is completely new to me and I am not sure that I am up to the challenge. I will do my research and look into it. We will see.
5. My food today was: cup of sweetened coffee, bowl of Cheerios, one hot dog, and a Wendy’s burger, fries, and part of a Dr. Pepper (not even a quarter of it)
6. No exercise at all. None. Not even a little.
I am going to bed now. Hopefully things will straighten out and tomorrow will be better. I have a todo list and hopefully I’ll get it done. We will see.
Today is Sunday. For some reason Sunday has always been a sad day for me. I don’t like the idea of having to go back to work on Monday. Especially since right now the job is so horrible. The other thing about Sunday’s is that they are house cleaning day. I have always hated house cleaning and it shows. Today I was looking around and discovered that parts of our house are “FILTHY”. I hate that. Messy is one thing but it shames me to think about all the dirt in our house. I am adding another goal for this year to my list. I would love to get to the place where house cleaning comes naturally.
My dream is to be one of those people who never have to rush around cleaning when they find out that there will be guests in their house. I want the fridge to be clean when I open it and for the tupperware cupboard to not rain plastic ware on the floor every time I open it.
Unfortunately these are all learned behaviors that I never learned. Also, living with 3 other adults who don’t help makes me feel like a maid in my home. I don’t actually own my home which makes it even more difficult because I don’t have a say in many of the things that go on around here. Some how I need to come up with a good balance.
I wish myself luck.
I’m back after quite a long break. A lot has happened in my life.
1. My sister had her baby, Avalynn Marie. Very exciting and very cute.
2. My boyfriend got a job in Alaska. He is gone for 3 weeks and home for 3 weeks. It works for us. I focus on just him when we are together and when he is gone I get the chance to get all the little weird things done that I wouldn’t normally do when he is around (like cleaning closets).
3. Yoga was a failure. The Gaiam yoga website was great and I used it for a while. Once again I just lost focus and didn’t continue with it.
4. Canoeing was wonderful and I can’t wait until spring when I can start again.
5. I haven’t lost a single pound. I have been gaining and losing the same 5-8 pounds this entire time.
6. I quit my stressful job. Got a new one. Am trying to quit it and find a new one. This one sucks in every sense of the word.
7. I quit dieting.
The one thing that has become clear these last months is that I am never going to successfully stick to a diet. Instead I have a new plan using the KISS (Keep It Super Simple) theory. I will just focus on eating one meal a day that is mostly fresh fruit and one meal a day with mostly fresh or frozen veggies. I will try to stay away from deep fried foods. That’s it. If I mess up and don’t make it for one meal I will just pick up where I left off. So far it seems to be working. I am not losing weight but I feel better.
On the exercise front. My plan is to do something. Anything. At all. It may be 3 minutes of stretching or it may be walking in place while watching television. As long as it is something I don’t care. This has been hard for me but I just try again the next day.
I don’t weigh myself right now. I think that I will start again using the physics diet website but not until the BF goes back to work.