Here is a list of opportunities I have taken recently and how they affected my life:
1. 3 years ago I was offered the choice to start a family with the man I love 🙂
2. 2 months ago I was offered a job that will allow me to work from home 2-3 days a week and spend more time with my family and less time commuting.
3. Last year we took the opportunity to purchase an RV and park it on a resort for the summer, weekends at the cabin is now a part of our summer life. I love the relaxation it brings me.
4. 14 years ago I was asked to go to a movie with a great guy. We are still going to movies on a regular basis 🙂
5. Yesterday I took the opportunity to buy a cute little planter for my garden that will make me smile every time I walk by it.
Opportunites that seem small can have some of the biggest affects in our lives. I will get daily smiles from my new planter which will make every other part of my day better. That simple movie with a new friend was the start of a long relationship with a great guy. The decision to start a family changed everything about my life and also changed me for the better.
I am glad I took the opportunities that I did. I do not waste my time lamenting the so called “missed opportunities” in my life. If I did I wouldn’t be able to appreciate how the ones I did take have been so wonderful.