Here is a photo of my current book list. These are all books that I am actively reading my way through. It does not include the audiobooks that I am listening to or the fun books that I have on my digital devices. I may need to try finish some of these!
- Siblings Without Rivalry: a very interesting book on how to raise children. I’ve been working my way through it for a few years but read a chapter often enough I leave it out all the time. Once I finish it I will probably start it all over again.
- How To Be Your Dog’s Best Friend: just before Christmas we had a dog move into our barn. We decided to keep her and named her Miss Nikki. She appears to be a fairly young Lab mix who is full of more energy than I can deal with. I just got this book to help me figure out how to train her to not jump or bite people. I have just barely started it but it’s probably the most important book on the table right now.
- The Dirty Life: This is a book I picked up from the Library about a woman living in New York City who fell in love with a farmer. Her and her husband created a very interesting farm. I’m about halfway through it and find it fascinating.
- In the French Kitchen Garden: I just got this book this weekend and am flying through it. I love reading books on gardening in the winter. It makes the cold days much less cold.
- No-Work Garden Book: a book I borrowed from my mother about creating no till gardens.
- Meditations from the Mat: a yoga book that I almost gave away. I picked it up years ago and read through the beginning of it. Recently I decided to clear my shelves and get rid of books that I’ve had forever and never read or won’t read again. I had the box all ready to go but never got it to the Library. Recently it was recommended as a great book to read. I pulled it back out and am working my way through it day by day. This book is the reason I should never try to clean off my book shelves!
- The Modern Web: This is a book about the current state of website development. It has some great information on HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, adaptive design, and a ton of other great dev information.
- I picked up a few magazine subscriptions recently for a super low price. I am trying to read each one as they come in and then I take them to the library or pile them up for a friend who is interested in gardening as well.