The first Rhubarb of the season was ready to pick this weekend. I made up this quick dessert that turned out super delicious.
Simple Rhubarb Compote
- 3 Stalks Rhubarb
- 8 Medium Strawberries
- 1 Medium Orange
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Chop the Rhubarb and Strawberries and add to pan.
- Juice and use your fingers to remove as much of the orange pulp as possible and add to pan.
- Add a dash of Cinnamon.
- Mix the water and sugar in a pan and turn on medium/low heat.
- Simmer for around a half hour or so until everything is nice and soft.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Simmer until it is cooked down to the consistency you want.
- Watch your non-picky eater 4 year old down two of them and lick the plate clean.
Quick Sweet Biscuits
taken from back of Bisquick Box
- 3 Cups Heart Healthy Bisquick
- 1 Cup Ginger Ale
- Mix together gently until sticky.
- Drop on pan, should make around 10 biscuits.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes